Your Ultimate Care Is Assured
Critical Care Unit
The NICU has the latest infrastructure with a separate air-conditioning facility to ventilate up to 6 babies at a time. All-invasive and non-invasive modalities of monitoring are available eg, ECG, NIBP, IBP, CVP etc. Modalities of respiratory therapy such as HFO, CPAP, IMV, SIMV, PIV and PSV are also available. A close association with the obstetric services since inception in 2002, has brought about recognition of our NICU as a major referral unit. Many high-risk and precious pregnancies for safe monitoring and delivery are now being referred to us from all over eastern India and neighbouring countries.
Round the clock Newborn Transport with dedicated transport ventilator/incubator and experienced transport team is available. Every delivery in the hospital is attended by a doctor trained in neonatal resuscitation at birth.
Some of the varied Neonatal Problems, the NICU caters to
- Neonatal Respiratory Distress Syndrome (RDS, HMD)
- Meconium Aspiration Syndromes
- Persistent Pulmonary Hypertension (PPHN)
- Septic shock
- Various neonatal surgical problems, eg Tracheo-Esophageal Fistulas, Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia etc.
The salient features of NICU
- Arterial Blood Gas Analyzer
- In-house ECHO machine (LOGIQ 5 pro)
- Portable X-Ray
- ETCO2 Monitor, Cardiac Monitors, Pulse Oximetres, Servo-controlled Warmers, Incubators, Infusion Pumps and Double Surface Phototherapy Units.
- The department has all facilities for providing Surfactant Therapy, Exchange Transfusions, Umbilical and Radial Arterial Lines, Epicutaneocaval Catheterisation, etc.
- TStaff nurse and baby ratio of 1:1
- Neonatal Transport Ambulance